Thursday, February 18, 2010

STILL MISSING AFTER 25 DAYS: WHERE IS PRAGEETH?



ACT NOW! SEND AN APPEAL - Click Here!

By Olindhi Jayasundere - Missing journalist Prageeth Eknaligoda’s wife Sandhya said yesterday the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka was examining the information collected so far by the Mirihana Police.

Ms. Eknaligoda said the HRC had asked her family members and the Mirihana Police officials involved in the investigations to come to the HRC office to find out how the investigations were progressing.


“It is nearly a month since my husband went missing and I still don’t know where he is. I have sought information from the police many times but there isstill no news of him,” she lamented.

Ms. Eknaligoda said their children were disturbed by their father’s disappearance and that she herself was feeling helpless.

“My younger son believes he may be dead. He does not want to go to school because he does not want to face the other children,” she said.

Ms. Eknaligoda said when she first went to the police she was told the investigation would be completed in two or three days.

“When I spoke to the police, I was told they are yet to begin the investigations but will do so soon. I can not understand why the investigations are being delayed,” she said.

Ms. Eknaligoda said that according to Media Minister Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena the Police have the information in a week and she was hopeful of receiving some news soon.

“I cannot sleep anymore and I don’t think I will until I know where my husband is. Please help me find him,” she pleaded.

© Daily Mirror

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009 - 2014 Journalists for Democracy in Sri Lanka

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP